Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Birthday Cake

My 15th birthday party was Alice in Wonderland themed and so I made my own cake. This was the first cake I made after going through the 3 Wilton cake decorating courses at Michaels. The teacup and ribbon aren't edible, but everything else is and made by me. The bottom was a square chocolate layer, covered with yellow fondant and with all four card suits(one on each side). The bottom and middle layers are separated by about 25 gum paste roses painted with red icing color (also made by me). The middle was a circular strawberry layer, covered with white fondant, wrapped with a black and red ribbon, and above the ribbon chocolate letters surround the cake saying "A Very Merry Unbirthday". The top was a topsy turvy bubble yellow layer, covered with blue fondant and darker blue fondant keyholes. Coming out of the teacup is a color flow 15, two daisies, and a pocket watch I made out of fondant and wrote on with icing color and a toothpick.

No comments:

Post a Comment